Mar 24, 2011

Michigan


After driving 10ish hours, getting to Grand Rapids was pretty exciting. Seeing my family was even better! I got to spend some much needed catch up time with my parents and sibs as well as see what GR had to offer.
Aaron and I took my little sister to Madcap coffee-an awesome local coffee shop that knows what they're doing. If you are in downtown Grand Rapids don't miss this place.

[oops! finger shot!]

For breakfast stop by Wealthy Street Bakery. It was the place to be that morning with even some firefighters stopping in for coffee and danishes. They make everything in house which includes breads and baguettes, pastries, and other yummies to go along with Intelligentsia coffee. mmm!



Two other things that are too fun to not mention:
My mom bought me my new favorite nail polish which happens to be a [get this] Nicole OPI Justin Bieber inspired polish! ha! I guess it's inspired by One Less Lonely [is this an album?] and my nail polish is all sparkly and purple and amazing and called "one less lonely." Bieb or not, it's my new fav.
Just before hitting the road for Chicago Aaron and I ducked in the GRAM [Grand Rapids Art Museum] and I spotted these beautifully made salt and pepper shakers by OOM. Hyum Yoo is the artist behind OOM and seeks to create objects that are simple, clean, functional, relevant, and poetic. I'd say these little shakers were just that. They were stunning. To shop and see more click here.


...on to Chicago...

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments make me a happy bee!