Apr 9, 2009

Glass Pyrographs


Traces of the Molten State from Etsuko Ichikawa on Vimeo.

Artist Statement

"My work is a continuing investigation of what lies between the ephemeral and the eternal.

Moment and memory, absorption and evaporation, light and shadow are some of the triggers that inspire me and relate to my work. My “glass pyrographs” are made by drawing hot molten glass, which is one way to capture and eternalize the immediacy of a moment, while my hanging and floating installations are about ever-changing states of mind.

Some of the materials that I work with are glass, resin, and thread, and the scale of work varies from small 2D work on paper to large-scale installations.

Born and raised in Japan and having lived in the United States for over the last decade, I recognize my dual cultures as defining influences and psychology as my primary source of inspiration."

Etsuko Ichikawa's site
Thanks Jean&Dylan for sharing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments make me a happy bee!